Date:      Sat, 22 Mar 1997 10:40:10 -0800 (PST)
From:      " steve  howe" <un_x@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   fgets

is there a good reason for "fgets()" to use a ring buffer?
when a user overruns the input buffer, all my option checking
which takes place at the beginning of the buffer goes crazy,
throwing garbage option error messages all over the screen,
since my code now interprets the "overrun" as options ... ???
- also - anyone got an explanation for no "long doubles"
in FreeBSD (2.1.5)?  are they planning on implementing them?
i have lost 8 byte precision in all my float-to-string /
string-to-float operations, which is critical for what
my code does ... ???

thanks y'all.