Date:      Thu, 31 Dec 1998 14:54:24 +1100
From:      "Leo Kliger" <leo@astea.com.au>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ppp.conf script????

Hi All,
i just spent a whole lot of energy getting our new isdn service to work via
our freebsd router and spirit voyager 128kbps adapter...... i didn't
actually have to ask any questions because of historical conversations in
this group on the freebsd web site.......<grin>

the thing is though that my isp has an Ascend Max 4000 which no matter what
we did wouldn't work....... when i insisted that all of the mathematics at
my end was right he sugested that i try dialing into his Livingston Port
Master 3...... and BANG it all started to work...... nothing different on
my side......

does anybody know what the problem might be with the Ascend Max 4000???
could i have had something wrong even so???..... or could it be hardware
incompatibitly pure and simple???

Leo