Date:      Sun, 14 Mar 1999 15:20:48 CST
From:      Kent Vander Velden <graphix@iastate.edu>
To:        Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 3.1-Stable Being Unstable

>Remove my previous patch and apply the following patch to
>/sys/i386/isa/vga_isa.c.
>
>With this patch, you can use the splash pseudo-device, screen savers,
>and the X server without crashing the machine.
>
>This is a workaround which I rather don't like, but is known to work.
>(A couple of other users reported success...)

  This patch seems to have solved my problem.  I have been able to run
jobs that never completed before.  I also disabled the splash pseudo
device and screen savers since they really do not give me any
additional functionality and apparently were at least partially to
blame.

  Thanks for all your help!

---
Kent Vander Velden