Date:      Fri, 25 Apr 1997 08:59:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Peter Olsson <pol@leissner.se>
Cc:        questions@hub.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Strange error while trying to boot from  2.2-970422-RELENG-floppy

On Fri, 25 Apr 1997, Peter Olsson wrote:
> Thanks for the idea but this seems not to be the case. The same
> boot floppy works fine in another machine, I tried at work today.
>
> >> I get the Boot: prompt and then it starts loading the kernel
> >> on the floppy. After a while I get the following:
> >> "
> >> Error: D:0x0 C:56 H:1 S:11

I'd try it any way.  Could be an alignment problem between the
diskette drives on the PC you made the diskette on and the one
you are trying to install on.  Try using a different PC to
create the diskette.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com