Date:      Fri, 17 Sep 1999 09:21:41 -0500
From:      Chris Manjoine <chris-manjoine@uiowa.edu>
To:        FreeBSD-Newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Instalation Problems

--=====================_88099410==_.ALT

hello,

I get through the install quite fine when installing to wd3. But I have a boot
hd at wd1 I can't get the boot loader to boot the kernel on wd1 I get the error
error 6 panic cannot mount root. I read in the freebsd faq that I need to
assign the wd3 drive to boot in the kernel but I can't edit the kernel without
a shell to do it in.

http://www.freebsd.org/FAQ/install.html#AEN683
( I tried step one didn't work)
(step 2 is not an option)
(how do I do this without a shell to edit from?)

is there any other solution for me to boot to wd3 drive?

Chris Manjoine | DSP Webmaster | 335-3019 | chris-manjoine@uiowa.edu | 2B-2
Glimore

have a boot hd at wd1 I can't get the boot loader to boot the kernel on
wd1 I get the error error 6 panic cannot mount root. I read in the
freebsd faq that I need to assign the wd3 drive to boot in the kernel but
I can't edit the kernel without a shell to do it in. </div>

Chris Manjoine | DSP Webmaster | 335-3019 | chris-manjoine@uiowa.edu |
2B-2 Glimore<br>