Date:      Sat, 1 Jul 2000 14:55:43 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dot Files for Ported Shells

Could we have dot files for ported shells, that could be installed
by adduser from /usr/local/share/skel?

Here are some proposed dot files for bash; I think it would be nice
if as installed shells told users who they are and where they are
(id and pwd).

# This is .bash_profile, read on login
# set prompt to display username, hostname, working directory:
PS1="\u@\h \w "
case `id -u` in
	0) PS1="${PS1}# ";;
	*) PS1="${PS1}$ ";;
esac

# remove /usr/games and /usr/X11R6/bin if you want
# you may want to move /usr/local/bin to a place before /usr/bin

PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:$HOME/bin; export PATH

# Setting TERM is normally done through /etc/ttys.  Do only override
# if you're sure that you'll never log in via telnet or xterm or a
# serial line.
# Use cons25l1 for iso-* fonts
# TERM=cons25; 	export TERM

BLOCKSIZE=K;	export BLOCKSIZE
EDITOR=vi;   	export EDITOR
PAGER=more;  	export PAGER

# file permissions: rwxr-xr-x
#
umask	022

# some useful aliases
alias h='fc -l'
alias j=jobs
alias m=$PAGER
alias ll='ls -laFo'
alias l='ls -l'
alias g='egrep -i'
alias lt='ls -lrt'

# # be paranoid
alias cp='cp -ip'
alias mv='mv -i'
alias rm='rm -i'
alias su='su -m'

# search path for cd(1)
# CDPATH=.:$HOME

# This is .bashrc
source $HOME/.bash_profile

These dot files don't set ENV (as does .shrc) but otherwise
try to follow what's set up for sh.

	Annelise