Date:      Sat, 2 Mar 1996 10:44:16 +0100
From:      petzi@zit.th-darmstadt.de (Michael Beckmann)
To:        Randy Berndt <rberndt@nething.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Routing / Subnets / Dial-in PPP

At 04:41 Uhr 2.3.1996, Randy Berndt wrote:

>How do I set routing (or options), so that the unix box grabs stuff from the
>ethernet and sends them down to the home PC?

You must have forgotten to enable proxy arp. You can check by typing arp -a
when one of the users is dialed in. When it displays an Ethernet address
for the respective IP number, then you have proxy arp.

It must look like this:

remote.host.do.main (123.45.67.89) at 0:0:c0:cb:7c:e permanent published
(proxy only)

If not, try

ppp -direct users

The example ppp.conf file has proxy arp enabled for "users". It looks like this:

users:
 enable pap
 disable chap
 enable proxy