Date:      Sun, 11 Feb 1996 19:20:32 -0800
From:      Ron Jumps <rljumps@inreach.inreach.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Help !!! Trying to connect to ISP

I am trying to connect a small LAN to an ISP via 28.8 modem connection. I am
having a problem with assigning addresses across the LAN. There is currently
only one registered address available, that being to the ISP.

My initial question is, what pseudo addresses can I assign to the machines
on the LAN?

My next question, how can I connect the pseudo addresses belonging to the
LAN, to the class C address that is to my ISP? I currently have the server
set for routing, and have made the device entries into the sysconfig file.

In addition, I am currently connecting to my ISP via PPP, without much
success. I am using the PPP terminal within freeBSD. My connection is made,
login is successful, however soon after connection, I get a "NO CARRIER"
message, and then the terminal locks up!! Any suggestions on additional
procedures for this matter, or should I be using a different terminal?

Any suggestions will definately help me on completing this project.

Pulling My Hair Out !!!!!

Ron Jumps
rljumps@inreach.com