Date:      Tue, 26 Jan 1999 17:59:06 -0500
From:      sglass@NASBPD01BS.ntc.nokia.com (Glass Steve NTC/Boston)
To:        grog@lemis.com (Greg Lehey), jcwells@u.washington.edu (Jason C. Wells)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG (freebsd-questions), steve.glass@ntc.nokia.com (Steve Glass)
Subject:   Re: When did FreeBSD begin supporting th

On Tuesday, 26 January 1999 at 20:39:27 +0000, Jason C. Wells wrote:
>> On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, Steve Glass wrote:
>>
>>> Subject: When did FreeBSD begin supporting the 4.4 BSD network kernel?
>>>
>>>    That about sums it up (email needs a tag in the subject for "that's
>>> all, folks")...
>
>Well, no, Email needs a text.  It's confusing to write the message in
>the subject line.

    Can I assume, then, that my email was confusing?  Sometimes you just want to send a short, one-line email, and if you can put quickly in the subject, why not.  Then again, getting people to just hit 'd', or 'r' without opening is the *real* problem.

>> I am pretty sure it has been since the beginning. For a specific date you
>> might look at the website for Jordan's brief history of FreeBSD. Also,
>> there are release notes on the web for every release since 1.0.
>
>I don't know what Steve means by ``network kernel''.  4.4BSD is an
>operating system.  FreeBSD has been based on it since version 2.0.
>Older versions were based on 4.3BSD Net/2.

    Sorry, I'm just focusing on the network code portions of 4.4.  Now that was confusing!

                          Cheers,
                              Steve