Date:      Tue, 17 Nov 1998 09:08:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      Open Systems Networking <opsys@mail.webspan.net>
To:        Jeremy Lea <reg@shale.csir.co.za>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Larry Ellison mention's FreeBSD...

> http://www.news.com/News/Item/0,4,28816,00.html
>
> Larry Ellsion talking about their new dedicated Oracle servers, mentions
> FreeBSD as one of a list of candidate OSs for the platform.  Maybe we can
> use it to get native Oracle :)

Right on! Now it would of been cooler if he had said we were in the
running and oh yeah were releasing the FreeBSD port of Oracle to FreeBSD
just to take that many more sales away from MS.
But being in the running and having him acknowledge us is a bonus for
sure. Linux im not worried about, the GPL is its own worst enemy in the
commerical world. Now netbsd and solaris is a bit different.
Maybe it's time that the FreeBSD Mafia paid a nice friendly visit to Mr.
Ellison and made him an offer he can't refuse :-)

Chris

--
"You both seem to be ignoring the fact that the networking market is
driven by so-called 'IT professionals' these days, most of whom can't