Date:      Sat, 09 Sep 2000 21:10:01 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@freebsd.org>
To:        arch@freebsd.org, smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Device probing...

I would really like to se us move all the device probe/attach code
to run in "normal context", ie enable interrupts before we probe
everything.

The main argument for this is the drivers can then use the full
complement of kernel infrastructure and interrupts during probe
attach.

Drivers needs to be able to function in this environment anyway
if they support removeable devices (pccard, usb, etc).

Are there reasons to not do this I have overlooked ?

FreeBSD coreteam member | BSD since 4.3-tahoe