Date:      Mon, 10 Jun 1996 14:47:29 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        richard@pegasus.com (Richard Foulk)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mail overload. - Reply

> Most news software has the ability to turn mail into a local pseudo-moderated
> newsgroup.  So you can have it both ways.  You do have to change the
> list target at your site to something different than your personal mailbox
> so you can alias it separately.
>
> Or you might try Netscape for reading you mail.  Last time I looked it
> was supposed to have the ability to thread mail messages.

I think this depends on message ID's and in-response-to headers.

I think that gatewaying to a local group for distribution at the
central mailing list site would *greatly* aid indexability of the
archives, which are not terrible useful as they stand.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.