Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 2003 21:52:11 -0600
From:      Glenn Johnson <glennpj@charter.net>
To:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   problem launching pdf helper app with galeon2

I do not know if this is specific to galeon2 on FreeBSD or not.

When I click on a link for a pdf file I get the box that pops up asking
me what to do.  I click on "Open" and the document downloads fine but
the helper app never gets launched.  The default handler is acroread but
I have tried with ggv and xpdf and get the same result.  No problems
with launching the pdf helper app from mozilla (mozilla-devel-gtk,
mozilla-1.3b).  I do not know if this problem applies to any other
helper apps, pdf files are the only files I need a helper app for.

--
Glenn Johnson
glennpj@charter.net