Date:      Tue, 12 Feb 2002 12:21:58 -0700
From:      enelson@timing.com (Eric Nelson)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        "H. Wade Minter" <minter@lunenburg.org>
Subject:   Re: configuring SMTP AUTHENTICATION

Wade, thank you very much for the information as to installing sendmail with SMTP AUTH
support, but I believe there is still something configured incorrectly on our 4.3 Release
FreeBSD system.

As far as I know, the system is configured with the default authentication options and has
the following 2 packages installed in order to have sendmail running with AUTH support:

cyrus-sasl-1.5.27_2  RFC 2222 SASL (Simple Authentication and Security Layer)
sendmail-sasl-8.12.2 Reliable, highly configurable mail transfer agent with util

I receive the following error when I start up sendmail (sendmail -bd):

Warning: Option: AuthMechanisms requires SASL support (-DSASL)

Do you or anyone else know what is configured incorrectly on this system to produce the
error listed above?

Once again, Thank You,

Eric