Date:      Tue, 6 Feb 2001 21:24:24 -0600
From:      "Michael C . Wu" <keichii@iteration.net>
To:        Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
Cc:        Gregory Sutter <gsutter@zer0.org>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: laptops - perhaps DELL

On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 03:21:57PM +1300, Dan Langille scribbled:
| On 6 Feb 2001, at 18:16, Gregory Sutter wrote:
| > The VAIO Z505s suspend/resume to RAM just fine, and to disk if you've
| > got a DOS partition.
| Althought the VAIO's seem to be popular at BSDi, I'm told the keyboard
| is smallish (or is that the keys?).  And they seem, umm, rather fragile.

Same size as all the other simliar sized laptops.
i.e. The superslim z505* has the same sized keys as small porteges
and x20's.  The larger ones have full sized keyboards.

| Anyone concur?

Never. :)  The aluminum case is very durable, and I beat my laptop
daily by throwing it around unprotected inside my backpack.
(Now, titanium powerbooks...)
The connection ports, including ethernet stuff, are quite durable...