Date:      Mon, 25 Mar 2002 05:20:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Dmitry Kazarov" <dkazarov@tvc.ru>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: misc/34935: New locale (Cyrillic Windows Codepage 1251) for FreeBSD

The following reply was made to PR misc/34935; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Dmitry Kazarov" <dkazarov@tvc.ru>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, dimas@dataart.com
Subject: Re: misc/34935: New locale (Cyrillic Windows Codepage 1251) for
	 FreeBSD
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 16:03:12 +0300

 1. I've corrected the locale's files so it's fully working under 4.5-stable
 Sources are available from http://www.tvc.ru/cp1251.tar.gz
 2. I use them in production environment so I have no any -current version to
 test them.
 3. Bulgarian CP1251 locale uses another language and categories LC_COLLATE,
 LC_CTYPE, LC_TIME, LC_MONETARY, LC_MESSAGES differ from ones in Russian
 locale (only LC_NUMERIC is the same in both locales).

 PS: Demand in ru_RU.CP1251 grows from day to day - while most my past
 projects were in KOI8-R currently I'm forced to start all projects in
 CP1251. It's definitly becoms a standart cyrillyc encoding.

 Dmitry