Date:      Sat, 13 Dec 1997 08:47:34 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert Moose <rmoose@mitre.org>
To:        SangKyo LEE <skylee@dcn.soongsil.ac.kr>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: question

>  I'm a testing fot sending video streams via rsvp. But I have some problem.
>
>  I run vic-2.8 on freebsd and run into the problem with vic not able to work
>  When make the makefile, it has error.
>  after run sdr, sdr's monitor displays only black.
>
>  If you know why happen, pls tell me.

Yes, we're running it + sdr + vat. I do recall having a problem compiling
the rsvp-enabled vic that came with the rsvp distribution (rel4.2a1) from
ISI. I believe we found the fix on one of the FreeBSD mailing list
archives. It was (I apologize for not being able to acknowledge the
person who originally posted this):

   After you do your ./config, in the Makefile change
     STATIC = -static
     STATIC = -lc

(or some equivalent change). I believe this problem + fix originally arose
in the context of the non-rsvp vic-2.8.

I assume you already have tk4.1 and tcl7.5 installed.

Bob
MITRE Washington Networking Center