Date:      Wed, 13 Apr 2005 01:09:27 +0100
From:      markzero <mark@darklogik.org>
To:        markzero <mark@darklogik.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Lowest common denominator for buildworld/kernel

--gatW/ieO32f1wygP

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 01:01:23AM +0100, markzero wrote:
> ssh was the first thing that sprang to mind but it also raised some
> further questions, like what exactly to copy. /usr/obj would
> obviously have to go over but what about all the makefiles required
> for a 'make installworld' etc? I wondered if I would end up just
> copying over /usr/src entirely, which seems very innefficient.
>
> Hmm, it's certainly something to think about.

A small filing cabinet at the back of the brain creaks open, rust falling f=
rom
its hinges. A piece of paper catches upon a passing breeze. It is pulled
gracefully upwards and as it arcs into the field of vision, it can be
seen to read:

  "rsync-over-ssh"

With the right permissions on /usr/src and /usr/obj, a pair of SSHv2
keys and Kens idea about disk slices, we could be onto a winning
solution!

Cheers,
Mark

--=20
PGP: http://www.darklogik.org/pub/pgp/pgp.txt
B776 43DC 8A5D EAF9 2126 9A67 A7DA 390F DEFF 9DD1

--gatW/ieO32f1wygP

--gatW/ieO32f1wygP--