Date:      Wed, 28 Apr 1999 13:33:09 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@rush.net>
To:        "Justin J. Adams" <justin@CERF.NET>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AGP

On Wed, 28 Apr 1999, Justin J. Adams wrote:

> I want to install FreeBSD on one of my x86 stations and need to know if it
> supports AGP. I currently am using the ATI XPERT 98 8MB AGP card. I had
> some trouble trying to install Solaris 2.7 and now want to install FreeBSD
> if it supports AGP.

FreeBSD doesn't care about your video card as long as it's a somewhat
compliant VGA card.

I think you are refering to running X under FreeBSD, you should check
www.xfree86.org to see if your card is supported.  As far as I know,
it is.

enjoy,
-Alfred

If solaris is free for students, how come you can't ftp install it? :)