Date:      Tue, 4 Dec 2001 09:25:06 -0500
From:      Mike Galvez <mrg8n@virginia.edu>
To:        Ron Martin <rmartin@icrsystems.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   remote printing

> Ron Martin wrote:
>
>  I would like to know if anyone can tell me how to setup FreeBSD to print to
>  an HP LaserJet attached to an Intel Pro 100 printserver.
>
>  I have tried everything in the online handbook about printing both simple
>  and advanced.
>
>  Thanks,
>
>  Ron Martin

>  with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message

#Add printer to /etc/printcap:

helga|helga HP4100:\
        :lp=9100@192.168.10.2:\
        :sh:mx=0:\
        :lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:\
        :if=/usr/local/libexec/lpr/hplj:\
        :sd=/var/spool/output/helga:

# Make sure you create the spool directory /var/spool/output/printername
# Create a shell script (make executable) for your infilter:

#!/bin/sh
printf "\033&k2G" && cat && printf "\f" && exit 0
exit 2

Start or re-start lpd.

HTH

Mike

--
Michael Galvez
Computer Systems Sr. Engineer         Office: 804-982-2975

Meader's Law:
	Whatever happens to you, it will previously have happened to
everyone you know, only more so.