Date:      Wed, 28 Apr 1999 13:35:14 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@rush.net>
To:        "Paul L. Poynter" <ppoynter@rorke.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD Software RAID 0 and 1? Journaling file system?

On Wed, 28 Apr 1999, Paul L. Poynter wrote:

> Will I have the ability to mirror my boot drives with bsd?
>
> Is the filesystem "journaling" like IRIX XFS?
> (if the filesystem needs to be fsck'd and the filesystem is a very large raid, this may take several hours - don't want this)

unfortunatly at this time i'm afraid FreeBSD doesn't offer this
functionality, we DO have raid support, just not fast fsck because
of logging.

btw, softupdates is _almost_ metadata logging, anyone care to describe
what it would take to make fsck and softupdates co-operate to check point
a filesystem?

thanks,
-Alfred