Date:      Fri, 21 Mar 1997 20:03:40 -0700
From:      mike allison <mallison@konnections.com>
To:        Tom Torrance at home <tom@tomqnx.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Chat@FreeBSD.org, FreeBSD-Hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: new freeunix publication

Tom:

Initially, our rates are:

	- Continental US -- $25 (USD)
	- Alaska, Hawaii, Canada -- $27 (USD)  (Canada may be less if I can
swing it, or at least in Canadian funds... give me a few weeks.)
	- Rest of the Americas -- $35 (USD)
	- Worldwide -- $37 (USD)

	All must be drawn on US funds, unless I fix Canada.

These rates are fixed until we go to press in May with issue 1.  After
that they may change.  If they change, they'll go up probably.  If they
go down, I'll reinburse the diff.  It is all affected by advertising and
I'm going to give it a while before I arrive at "FINAL" figures.

Anyone who subscribes before 1 May will lock into these rates for at
least 1 year.  I'm loyal enough to think about that come next year too.

If you want to subscribe now, when we receive payment, we'll enter the
subscriptions, but keep the check or money order on file until the 1st
issue ships.  That way, you're not paying for the product until it
ships.

You make payment (Check or Money Order [I'm probably the last person who
prefers a personal check, at least initially]) to:

	Burning Eagle Books

And mail to:

	Free Systems Journal
	C/O Burning Eagle Books
	1175 East Canyon Rd #17
	Ogden, UT 84404-5972
	ATTN: FSJ/Subs

Bottom line:  If the rates go up, it'll be 2 or 3 dollars a year.  So,
it's not the end of the world.  But you'll get an issue when it comes
out, not when you remember to ask,  after you see it on your neighbor's
desk.

Thanks,

-Mike