Date:      Fri, 18 Jul 2014 14:26:01 +0100
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ingresso.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, jean-sebastien.pedron@dumbbell.fr
Subject:   Re: Problems loading RV620 firmware

> How do you tell that the machine is locked up? Are you unable to reach
> it using ssh?

I am sitting in fornt of it - garbage comes up on the top few
lines of the screen,. The rest goes back. unresponsibve to
keyboard, or mouse. Cant ping it remotely. Power
button does nothing.

> Could you please try with syscons, instead of VT?

I havent tried that yet, but I can give that a go later - does
'GENERIC' still use syscons ? The commens imply it does, but I
thought it had changed over to using vt.

> This is expected, because the filesystem isn't available at this point
> in the boot.

Ah, OK.

> In your case, you would have to add the following lines to
> /boot/loader.conf:
>
> radeonkms_load="YES"
> radeonkmsfw_RV620_pfp_load="YES"
> radeonkmsfw_RV620_me_load="YES"