Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 2003 07:15:26 +0300
From:      "Andrey A. Chernov" <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
To:        "Daniel M. Zimmerman" <dmz@tffenterprises.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: apache13-1.3.27

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 18:54:39 -0800, Daniel M. Zimmerman wrote:

> {root@epsilon3:27} apachectl configtest
> httpd: bad user name nobody
>
> The user name "nobody" appears nowhere in any of my Apache configuration
> scripts, so I have to assume that something changed in the port... Any idea
> what could be going on? Is there something I can do to try to debug this,
> other than checking my configuration files (which I've already done)?

The port not use "nobody" too. I can't reproduce that locally. Try to
change User/Group in your config file to numeric value of www user, i.e.
to #80

If the bug remains, it means that wrong configuration picked from some
unknown location.
Running "httpd -S" and "httpd -V" may also helps to show what wrong in
config.

--
Andrey A. Chernov
http://ache.pp.ru/