Date:      Sat, 19 Nov 2005 10:27:31 +0530
From:      Joseph Koshy <joseph.koshy@gmail.com>
To:        Stephen Hurd <shurd@sasktel.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PERFMON with Athlon breaks ata.

jk>AFAIR, "PERFMON" only supports Pentium and Pentium Pro CPUs.

sh> Yeah, wasn't sure... I know the Athlon has a performance
sh> counter, but wasn't sure if it was supported etc.  Assumed
sh> not, but just thought I'd mention it in case it's supposed to
sh> work.

The Athlon's performance counters are supported by the
hwpmc(4) driver in FreeBSD 6.x.  See pmcstat(8) for a simple
command-line tool and libpmc(3) for an API to use them.

--
FreeBSD Volunteer,     http://people.freebsd.org/~jkoshy