Date:      Sat, 26 Jan 2013 14:43:51 -0800
From:      Carl Johnson <carlj@peak.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mount Logical (ext2fs) Partitions?

Walter Hurry <walterhurry@gmail.com> writes:

> So it's my stupid mistake. I could have sworn it was ext2, but it was
> ext4. Sorry for all the noise! However, I'm glad you have helped, and
> that I have learned a little bit about Linux partitions as FreeeBSD
> slices.
>
> It was empty, so I just reformatted it as ext2, and hey presto; all is
> right with the world.

Good to know you have it working, but for future reference there is a
fuse implementation of an ext4 driver:

  sysutils/fusefs-ext4fuse  EXT4 implementation for FUSE
    EXT4 implementation for FUSE.
    WWW: https://github.com/gerard/ext4fuse/

I haven't tried it so I don't know how well it works.
--
Carl Johnson		carlj@peak.org