Date:      Sat, 19 Dec 2009 11:07:52 +0100
From:      Alex Huth <alexhuth@arcor.de>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ports for good audio apps

Hi!

I have succesfull changed my laptop from debian to freebsd. Only one point
missing, a good working app for my huge mp3 library. What i found so far:

qout libet
A very old port (1.x), missing some important features like dynamic playlis=
ts

songbird
A app wich comes the best app (foobar2000) very near. Unfortunately i can=
=C5=BDt
get it playing any song and there is no port for it.

atunes
Very good so far, but some strange behaviours. One of these is that it does=
n=C5=BDt
show the path of any song. For example i have subfolders (checked, unchecke=
d,
noID), because i tag my songs with Jaikoz. When i import the songs, all son=
gs
where imported, but only the the path of the songs in the first folder is
shown.

OK, there is amarok but i don=C5=BDt want the whole kde stuff, because i am=
 using a
minimalistic way of desktop (xfce4, mutt, etc.)

So my questions: Is there any work one qout libet or songbird? Is there a w=
ay
or app to handle my most important feature (dynamic playlists, rating) from
the console?

thx

Alex