Date:      Wed, 30 Sep 1998 08:10:58 -0700
From:      "Bret Ford" <bford@cwia.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Device order with two SCSI cards

Hello,

I've got an ATS (Ancient Technology Server) box with an Adaptec 2742
fast/wide EISA SCSI card and an Adaptec 1542C ISA SCSI card.  My boot device
(CAMified) is da0 on the 1542C.  da1, a 2 gig full height brick, is also on
the 1542C.  I've recently acquired a fast SCSI Seagate Elite 9 gig drive
which I'd like to use to augment my storage.  The problem:  The system is
trying to boot from the new disk.  The kernel probe indicates that it is
mapping the new drive to da0.  My question:  is there some good way to get
the drive to map to da2?  Thank you!

p.s. Please CC: replies to me.  My regular mail server has crashed, and I
won't be getting the list until it's up.  Thanks!

Bret Ford