Date:      Fri, 24 Jan 1997 16:01:38 +0000
From:      Jim Chapman <jim.chapman@sympatico.ca>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   dump

I am having trouble with dump. I am running version 2.1.5 of FreeBSD.

I logged in as root. I entered the following command.
	dump 0uf /dev/fd0 /usr

When it completed I entered the following.
	restore vif /dev/fd0

After it read the directories and went to the interactive screen and I entered ls it
showed some directories and other directories as files. For example
	home/
	include/
	obj
	sbin
	local/

If I cd to local it showed src as a file. This is a directory with a tree below it with
all my development directories. I can't see them or restore them.

What am I doing wrong?