Date:      Fri, 30 Mar 2001 11:19:56 -0600
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        "Dan Larsson" <dl@tyfon.net>, "FreeBSD Stable List" <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <ache@FreeBSD.ORG>, <rse@engelschall.com>, <sumikawa@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: apache-1.3.19 segfaulting on FreeBSD-4.3 RC

From: "Dan Larsson" <dl@tyfon.net>
> Does anyone have a clue why I get these segfaults?
>
> (The apache port installed is /usr/ports/www/apache13 with no
> optimizations or extra modules)

This problem ocurs when the ServerName directive is not defined in the
httpd.conf file.

0x8064287 in ap_get_local_host ()
(gdb) bt

It occurs because "p" is null.  The Apache folks have fixed the problem for
the next release 1.3.2x.
I have fixed this problem in the Apache13-fp port (patch-fj) a week ago.
The fix should be applied to the other apache ports (apache13,
apache13-modssl, apache13+ipv6).

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/www/apache13-fp/files/patch-fj?r
ev=1.3&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

We should get this patch into the other apache13 ports before 4.3-RELEASE.
Otherwise we'll have a broken apache server on the Release CDs.

Scot

Note: the fix is in the last two patches of patch-fj.