Date:      Fri, 21 Dec 2001 17:53:37 -0600
From:      Erich Zigler <erichz@superhero.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   WaveLAN Silver Cards and FreeBSD Machines

I'm currently building a router/firewall to connect my wireless network to
my ethernet network. I am using an ISA adaptor and a Lucent WaveLAN Silver
card. With encryption off I am only able to get at the max 300k/s
throughput on a 11Mbps card. Yes, I know that I should not expect 11MB out
of the card, but I should be able to get at least 5MB through the card.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on why it was slow. I also have a
PCI adaptor I could try. What do you think?

--
Not all moderators and FAQ-compilers eventually become power-mad
and insane.  Some of them started out that way.