Date:      Mon, 7 Oct 1996 12:02:34 -0700
From:      "M.R.Murphy" <mrm@Mole.ORG>
To:        terry@lambert.org, wollman@lcs.mit.edu
Cc:        ache@nagual.ru, bde@zeta.org.au, current@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Subject:   Re: I plan to change random() for -current (was Re: rand() and random())

> > That doesn't make it any less of a valid argument.
>
> I would say it's more like Terry bitching like he usually does about
> somebody making a piece of code act like it's supposed to on the
> grounds that someone, somewhere actually depends on the bugs in it.
> I for one am quite sick of your whining.
>
> Around here we call that attitude ``UNIX Hacker bug #78''.

Is anyone else fed up with ad hominum attacks?

I replied in private mail that I depend upon the current behavior
of the rand48 family of functions for thermal motion studies and
studies of systems of hard-shell ions. The work isn't important;
it's just something I like to do and that I'm interested in. If
the functions change, I can use the old ones if I need to and if
I understand what I'm doing. It's my problem.

I really am tired of attacks, though. Play nice, eh?

--
Mike Murphy  mrm@Mole.ORG  +1 619 598 5874
Better is the enemy of Good