Date:      Wed, 5 Nov 2008 17:54:34 -0500
From:      "Jason J. Hellenthal" <jasonh@borisch.com>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ath driver (Linksys WMP110 RangePlus) ar5416

Anyone know if the Linksys WMP110 RangePlus support will be added to =
7-stable. I would rather use a native driver for this card for more =
features but the ndis driver seems to be working great for a couple of =
weeks now with no flaw.
=20
This is what the device reports in pciconf.
ndis0@pci0:1:8:0: class=3D0x028000 card=3D0x00721737 chip=3D0x0023168c =
rev=3D0x01 hdr=3D0x00
vendor    =3D 'Atheros Communications Inc.'
device     =3D 'AR5008 Wireless Network Adapter'

I have tried the ath module and it never picked up the card and I don't =
have to much time to modify or look into this any more than I already =
have.
=20
The driver name from under windows is ar5416.sys. [from Linksys support =
on cd/disc]
=20
If additional information or resources is needed I will be more than =
willing to provide whatever needed.
=20
Thanks in advance...
=20
--
J. Hellenthal (892)
Aerospace Special Operations Support

=20
"... as we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we =
should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of =
ours; and this we should do freely and generously." -- Benjamin Franklin
=20
P Only print if necessary
=20