Date:      Wed, 10 Mar 1999 08:48:15 +0100
From:      Jos Vissers <vissers@lucent.com>
To:        Mikhail Teterin <mi@kot.ne.mediaone.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: custom kernel hanging

Mikhail Teterin wrote:

> This new machine has the today's usual PIIX dual channel IDE
> controller, with a primary master hard-drive and a secondary master
> CD. It also has the Adaptec-2940 with a single disk. The generic
> kernel boots fine, but the custom one I'm making hangs after
> reporting the da0 device and claiming (if I boot with -v) wd0s1a
> to be a root device (which is true).

[...]

I had something similar, I increased SCSI_DELAY, which I useually set
to something like 3 seconds, to 10 seconds (default is 15) and that
seemed
to do the trick. The -stable I am running now accepts a SCSI_DELAY of
3 seconds just fine.

I must say that I did have a tape ft0 specified somewhere in the kernel
config at one point which I also removed since it is no longer listed in
LINT
and I'm not using it anyway.

Jos

--