Date:      Tue, 4 Jun 2002 14:29:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Scott Stevens <scott@afewshadesapart.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problems installing pkgs via sysinstall

A problem recently popped up on both my home and work machines where I
can't install any packages over ftp through sysinstall. I get the
following error:

Unable to get packages/INDEX file from selected media.

This may be because the packages collection is not available on the
distribution media you've chosen,most likely an FTP site without the packages collection mirrored.
Please verify that your media, or your path to the media, is correct and
try again.

---
I tried all the North American mirrors and got the same results for
each. Both machines are running 4.4-RELEASE. Did I just get outdated in
the course of the last week or so?

I apologize in advance if this has been covered already, but I did a quick
look through the archives and didn't see it addressed.

Thanks in advance,
scott.