Date:      Mon, 14 Jan 2002 20:56:40 -0600
From:      "Mike Meyer" <mwm-dated-1011495400.d584c1@mired.org>
To:        <Alex.Wilkinson@dsto.defence.gov.au>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Super Block

Wilkinson,Alex <Alex.Wilkinson@dsto.defence.gov.au> types:
> Howdy Crew,

Please don't cross-post questions. Either send it to -questions, or
-hackers; not both at once. Generally, if you're not sure which, try
-questions first, then try -hackers a few days later if you don't get
an answer.

> What does the SuperBlock actually do ?
> Why is the SuperBlock so critical ?
>
> Can anyone give me a *good* summary on the purpose of the Super Block ?
> And/Or any recommendations ?

man fs. That will show you what's actually in the superblock, as well
as a longer description.

One-sentence summary of why it's important: It where you start when
you want to find a file in the file system.

	<mike