Date:      Wed, 8 Nov 2000 08:07:27 -0700
From:      "Terry R. Friedrichsen" <terry@venus.sunquest.com>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   re:  window manager probs

I wrote, asking about window managers for FreeBSD/alpha, because vtwm was
failing miserably ...

joe@freyr.cba.ualr.edu responded:

> I use Windowmaker and tried vtwm and they both work fine with XFree86 3.3.6.
> My system is a PC164 and a Oxygen ACX video card.

Indeed, the problem does not appear to lie with vtwm itself.  I can use the
FreeBSD/alpha vtwm as the window manager for my Ultrix machine (running MIT
X11R6) and it works just fine.  So it looks as though the genesis of the
problem is within XFree86 itself somewhere.

Terry R. Friedrichsen

terry@venus.sunquest.com