Date:      Fri, 26 Nov 1999 10:32:44 +0100
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
To:        emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Seagate Backup Exec for Linux?

Scott Donovan wrote:

> Yep We have it working on of all things 3.2-Release, doesn't seem to behave
> on 3.3-Release though. Unfortunantely we didn;t do anything amazing, just
> hacked the install script to think it was linux, branded the binary as a
> Linux Binary and off it went. (Version 7.3 BTW)
>
> Perhaps something changed between 3.2-release and 3.2-stable in the emulation ?

Lots has changed. For a start, it doesn't announce itself as FreeBSD in
Linux mode, but as Linux. You have to take care when running scripts.
You'd best run them explicitely with /compat/linux/bin/sh...

--
Marcel Moolenaar                        mailto:marcel@scc.nl
SCC Internetworking & Databases           http://www.scc.nl/