Date:      Mon, 03 Mar 2003 16:20:01 +0000
From:      Joe Laughlin <laughlj@seattleu.edu>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.7 locks up when detecting second IDE controller.

I have an nforce motherboard with 2 hard drives attached to the primary
IDE controller and another hard drive and a cdrom drive attached to the
secondary one.

Back in the 4.4 through 4.6 days, there was no problem.

I recently wiped everything out and installed 4.7.  The install program
worked great, but upon booting the system, the kernel would crash right
after recognizing the secondary ide controller.  Disabling the secondary
ide in the bios did the trick.

If I need to provide more detailed information, let me know.

I'm not subscribed to this list, so if you could cc me any responses,
that would be great.