Date:      Wed, 31 Jan 2001 12:40:02 -0800
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Basing freebsd.dtd on DocBook 4.1

--==_Exmh_-217143797P

If memory serves me right, Nik Clayton wrote:

> I think it's time to consider basing the FreeBSD Docbook customisation
> layer on DocBook 4.1, rather than 3.1.
>
> Rather than suggest that we cut all documentation over at once, I'm
> planning on

I'm too ignorant of the ramifications of the changes from 3.1 to 4.1 (I
didn't get much enlightenment from the DocBook Web site either), *but*
I'll say that the idea of doing an increment deployment is a Good Thing
(TM).  Once this change gets committed, I'll try to get the RELNOTESng
documents moving in that direction.

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_-217143797P

--==_Exmh_-217143797P--