Date:      Mon, 19 Sep 2005 03:49:33 +0200
From:      Emanuel Strobl <Emanuel.strobl@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, minimarmot@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: audio (acdt01) dump broken? (BETA4 (5))

--nextPart2562520.thfXlPdB5M

Am Montag, 19. September 2005 03:21 CEST schrieb Ben Kaduk:

> Interesting -- I only have one other suggession; I was recently
> rereading the handbook section on burning cd's, and it said that it was
> better to have .pcm files which don't have the header that .wav files do
> -- apparently the header produces a 'tick' on playback. Have you tried
> ripping to .pcm files? Perhaps oggenc is looking for a nonexistent
> header.
> I also checked the handbook for copying cd's -- you are correct that
> 2352 is the "magic" blocksize -- I used 64k when ripping an entire
> (data) cd to copy it.

Well, with data CDs you won't use /dev/acdtxx ;) It's a great special=20
feature of ATAng/mkIII; If not before...

Hmm, AFAIK WAV _is_ PCM, both don't have any headers. But I'm out of=20
business for details for more than 10 years, so I may be wrong.

But since /dev/acdXtY is designed to provide the raw audio (wav=3Dpcm) bits=
=20
like cdda2wav does, I guess there's something broken since cdda2wav works=20
but acdXtY doesn't anymore...

Thanks,

=2DHarry