Date:      Mon, 18 Feb 2002 07:17:03 +1300
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
To:        mess-mate <messmate@free.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions-en <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: upsd problems

On Sun, Feb 17, 2002 at 11:00:50AM +0100, mess-mate wrote:
> Hello all,
> After my first install of FBSD I have following pb :
> (of course fonfigured the kernel before the install)
> in console there are continuing messages (on stdout) like
> 'upsd[226]: write port : cannot write to /dev/cuaa0 : Resource
> temporarily unavailable'.
> 'upsd[226]: cannot put the UPS in smart mode'
> So, I thought this is a pb with my mouse and disabled the mouse in
> /etc/rc.conf.
> Nothing helps.

Well, you could read the message. It's the process "upsd" that's
complaining about an error. It's probabably a UPS controller that
you've installed (I assume you've got a UPS attached to your machine).
Kill it and your messages will stop.

You can uninstall it, or attach your UPS to /dev/cuaa0 (COM1 in DOS
speak).
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>