Date:      Tue, 14 Apr 1998 23:11:29 -0400
From:      Chris Gordon <cagg@interlog.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Can't connect via ppp

During the install process (latest version), I am unable to connect via ppp to
my isp.

latest IP settings: (initially all the compression settings were on)

Name            My Side         His Side
acfcomp         disable         deny
chap            disable         accept
deflate         enable          accept
lqr             disable         accept
pap             disable         accept
pppd-deflate    disable         deny
pred1           enable          accept
protocomp       disable         deny
vjcomp          disable         deny
msext           disable         N/A
passwdauth      disable         N/A
proxy           disable         N/A
throughput      disable         N/A
utmp            enable          N/A

Some of the errors I get over and over again:

IPCP: Received Configure Request (150) state = Ack-Rcvd (7)
IPCP:  IPADDR[6]  198.53.145.231
IPCP: SendConfigNak(Ack-Rcvd)
IPCP:  IPADDR[6]  0.0.0.0
IPCP: Received Configure Request (151) state = Ack-Rcvd (7)
IPCP:  IPADDR[6]  198.53.145.231
IPCP: SendConfigNak(Ack-Rcvd)
IPCP:  IPADDR[6]  0.0.0.0

(if I had PROTOCOMP enabled, I'd also get "IPCP:  COMPPROTO[6]  16 VJ slots
without slot compression")

...this continues on for a few minutes, or until I issue a close command.

I did correctly set up the proper values for my connection to my isp, before
the ppp connection program started in VTY3. The only one I did NOT set up was
my isp's host ip#, as that changes depending on what modem server I get
connected to.

Help??

Chris