Date:      Thu, 6 Jul 2000 22:02:30 -0700
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cristjc@earthlink.net>
To:        Jonathan Smith <jonsmith@dragonstar.dhs.org>
Cc:        Mikko Tyolajarvi <mikko@dynas.se>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: /etc/rc.shutdown calls local scripts now

On Thu, Jul 06, 2000 at 05:39:08PM -0500, Jonathan Smith wrote:

> Then what's the problem?

I think everyone is loosing sight what the "heads up" is really
about. The problem is going to be that the files in
/usr/local/etc/rc.d now must _pay attention_ to the argument sent to
them. Right now, many scripts in there do a startup procedure when
called. (period) This will need to be fixed. There _will_ be some
pain.

What would end up slowing you down as shutdown is when an old sshd.sh
takes a few seconds to _start_ another sshd process. ;)