Date:      Wed, 18 Mar 1998 09:10:43 -0400 (AST)
From:      Antonio Bemfica <bemfica@militzer.me.tuns.ca>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATTENTION: Call for opinion re: root device naming change

Keep; the new approach allows us extra flexibility and consistency.

One suggestion, though: maybe there could be some kind of warning about
changes of a similar nature to this one, changes that can potentially
cripple a system (maybe a fixit script?).

I run -STABLE because it is stable, supposedly, and would hope not to have
to downgrade to -RELEASE. Fixing the problem after a make world was not
too dificult, once I had peered through hundreds of messages in the
-questions and -stable lists and gleaned enough info. However, I was
surprised to see a change that would cause such an upheavel make it to
-STABLE.

Antonio