Date:      Wed, 6 Mar 2002 23:34:14 +0100
From:      "Thomas E. Zander" <riggs@hadiko.de>
To:        Igor Roshchin <str@giganda.komkon.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ghostscript-gnu - Makefile errors.

Hi,

On Wed, 06. Mar 2002, at 16:52 -0500, Igor Roshchin wrote
according to [ghostscript-gnu - Makefile errors.]:

> There is what appears to be a typo in the Makefile for
> ghostscript-gnu, that I just downloaded from ftp.freebsd.org
>
> It has a line:
> LIB_DEPENDS=    png.5:${PORTSDIR}/graphics/png
>
> I believe it should be
> LIB_DEPENDS=    png:${PORTSDIR}/graphics/png

No, that's not right.
The LIB_DEPENDS variable in a port Makefile defines the necessary lib
including its version.

You can check for your installed png lib using
ldconfig -r|grep png

it should show something like:

	134:-lpng.5 => /usr/local/lib/libpng.so.5

As you can see, there is the png.5 entry.

So, there has to be something wrong with your installed libs, perhaps
an older png version (the change png.4 -> png.5 in ports tree was only a
few months ago).

Riggs

--
- "[...] I talked to the computer at great length and
-- explained my view of the Universe to it" said Marvin.