Date:      Wed, 7 Oct 1998 15:59:28 -0400
From:      John Ellis <johne@bellatlantic.net>
To:        cpn@whitestar.cpn.org.au
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gqmpeg 0.3.5

cpn@whitestar.cpn.org.au wrote:

>I have compiled gqmpeg-0.3.5 on my FreeBSD-2.2.7 machine and managed to
>get it to run except for the following annoying problem.  The program will
>play the first song in the playlist, but not any of the subsequent songs.
>In addition to this, gqmpeg will not respond to any xwindows input (i.e.
>mouse actions) until the song is finished.  In the terminal window I get
>the following error:
>
>Error: mpg123 stopped sending data!
>
>mpg123 works fine playing multiple songs from the command line.

Could you run a test?

run mpg123 on the command line with the -v option:

   mpg123 -v song.mp3

see if you get a line that continuously updates like this:

   Frame#   152 [10411], Time: 3.97 [271.96],

if not, try adding -DREAD_MMAP to the Makefile of mpg123 before
compiling mpg123.

(the frames info is required to get the progress reports from mpg123
that gqmpeg uses)

Similar detailed info is in the README, but does not include freebsd
as one of the effected systems. The next GQmpeg release will include
freebsd in the README.

hope this helps,
John
--