Date:      Fri, 30 Jan 2015 18:22:27 -0500
From:      Charles Sprickman <spork@bway.net>
To:        freebsd-stable Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   8.4-p23 zfs panic

Howdy,

I have a box that had been running 8.4-p1 for about a year and a half =
with no issues.  Pretty standard 2U Supermicro box, ZFS-based setup with =
a few jails.  Mainly used to store backups and other utility tasks.  =
Most backups happen with rsync, but two vmware boxes nfs mount this host =
and dump snapshots to it.  It also runs poudriere builds when that time =
rolls around.

Two days ago I updated to 8.4-p23.  I ran a few large poudriere builds =
the night before last, and then queued a few more last night.  Overnight =
the box paniced (and in the annoying way where it does not automatically =
reboot nor generate a dump).

Any known issues that I=92ve missed?  What sorts of zfs changes have =
gone on between p1 and p23?

Wish I had more info, but without a dump, I don=92t know what else I can =
share.  I think it=92s safe to assume a poudriere build was in-progress, =
finishing, or starting when the panic occurred.

Image of monitor as remote hands found it here:

http://i.imgur.com/hwOVFyu.jpg

OCR of same:

FreeBSD/amd64 (trunk.bway.net) (ttyv0)=20
login: panic: solaris assert: dsl_prop_unregister(ds, "xattr", =
xattr_changed_cb, zfsvfs) =3D=3D 0, file: =
/usr/src/sys/modules/zfs/../../cddl/contrib/opensolaris/uts/common/fs/zfs/=
zfs_vfsops.c, line: 1218=20
cpuid =3D 1=20
Uptime: 2d18h38041s=20
Cannot dump. Device not defined or unavailable.=20
Automatic reboot in 15 seconds - press a key on the console to abort
--> Press a key on the console to reboot,=20
--> or switch off the system now.=20

Thanks,

Charles

--=20