Date:      Wed, 22 May 2002 12:50:25 -0400
From:      Nicholas Basila <mlists@northglobe.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        bsnow@pacelinesystems.com
Subject:   Fix for Rocket Port driver in FreeBSD 4.x

Hi,

         One of my company's developers, Brad Snow, fixed the Rocket Port
Driver (rp.c from /usr/src/sys/i386/isa). The symptoms were:
One board will work correctly, transmitting and receiving, but if one were
to install second board, that board will transmit but not receive. I've
included the diff. How does one go about getting this fix submitted? The
driver still does not register the devices in the driver file system, but
at least multiple board do work now.
         If you have any questions, you can contact Brad directly at:
bsnow@pacelinesystems.com.

*** rp.c.old    Thu May 16 16:04:40 2002
--- rp.c        Wed May 22 11:45:52 2002
***************
*** 1104,1109 ****
--- 1104,1118 ----
         printf("RocketPort%d = %d ports\n", unit, num_ports);
         rp_num_ports[unit] = num_ports;

+
+       /* Bradford J. Snow BradS@pacelinesystems.com */
+       /* Sets ndevs to the number of cards currently found */
+       /* Fixes Bug that prevented multiple PCI boards from working */
+       ndevs = unit;
+       printf("RocketPort Boards Found: %d\n",ndevs+1);
+
+
+
         rp = (struct rp_port *)
                 malloc(sizeof(struct rp_port) * num_ports, M_TTYS, M_NOWAIT);
         if(rp == 0) {