Date:      Sun, 6 Oct 2002 15:59:15 +0200 (MEST)
From:      Peter B <pb@ludd.luth.se>
To:        steve@sohara.org (Steve O'Hara-Smith)
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mplayer patch for brooktree realtime grabbing

Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:
>On Sun, 6 Oct 2002 14:21:13 +0200 (MEST)
>Peter B <pb@ludd.luth.se> wrote:
>
>PB> In libmpdemux/tvi_bsdbt848.c at line 624:
>PB>   priv->fps           = 16;                   /* ! */
>
>	Ouch, doesn't that practically guarantee catching partially
>updated frames given that the incoming rate is 25 or 30 fps ? The
>grab_bsdbktr.c I wrote for ffmpeg uses the signalling available
>from the bktr driver to ensure proper frame capture (and runs at
>25 or 30 fps or an exact fraction if the CPU can't keep up).

You should be right, however I have experienced it just won't work like that
in practice. I'm concentrated on the video encoding (uyvy,rgb32,yv12 etc..).
And more compact sound encoding. So I deal with the fps problem later.

I have tested some fullframe recordings without proper results. It might be a
sync or bus problem.

     /Peter